Tales of a Wookie Wife: Fueled by caffeine and good intentions. Feed hairy man. Clean house. Be fabulous. Repeat. You can learn more about me here.

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Easy Crockpot BBQ Sausuage

This is one of the Wookie's very favorite main dishes.  I actually hate BBQ sauce straight-up, which is how I came up with this little concoction.  This is one of the simplest things I make, so there isn't too much in the way of instructions, but here goes:


Get your favorite brand of sausage and cit it up into little rounds roughly 1/2" thick or so.  Toss in about 2 tablespoons of butter, a cup of BBQ sauce, 2 tablespoons of water and 1/3 cup of honey.  Cover that puppy up, set it on low and walk away.

No, really, that's it.  You can let it cook for between 2 and ??? hours.  I've left it up to 6 before and as long as you keep the lid on, it should be fine.


Now, this was one of those "last meal before grocery shopping" things, so I didn't have any fresh carrots and I had to use canned.  I drained their water off of them and instead heated them over medium-high heat with half a tablespoon of butter and a tablespoon of honey, just enough to heat them up and get them nicely coated.  If I'd had fresh, I'd have roasted or sauteed them.


Plate it up, serve it with your favorite bread or salad and you're good to go!!  Easy!

Listening to:  "Fee Ra Huri" - Omnia

<3 WW

No comments:

Post a Comment