Tales of a Wookie Wife: Fueled by caffeine and good intentions. Feed hairy man. Clean house. Be fabulous. Repeat. You can learn more about me here.

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Venison Lettuce Wraps

This is one of the best things I've made to date.  Now, since I'm still learning so much when it comes to cooking that will probably be an updated statement next week...Or maybe not.  These were so good I imagine they may stay at the top of my list for quite some time.






First, brown 1/2 pound of ground venison in a skillet with about a tablespoon of olive oil.  Once its browned, add about a teaspoon of minced garlic, stir it up, and let it sit for a minute or two.  Wipe the grease splatter off the stove before photographing.





While the meat is browning, get your sauce ingredients together (soy sauce, olive oil, sesame oil, ginger, sugar, and siriacha sauce) and slice up about 1/2 a small onion and one small poblano.  I only chopped up a half and wished I'd put in the whole thing.





Once the beef and the garlic have simmered for a minute, add about 1/4 cup of soy sauce, 1 tbsp sesame oil, 2 more tbsp olive oil, 1/2 tsp ginger, 1 knuckle pinch of sugar, and 2 tbsp of cock sauce.  Stir it up, then toss in your onions, peppers, and whatever other vegetables you want in there.  I used two different stiry-fry mixes I had in the freezer, so we ended up with squash, cauliflower, asparagus, red bell pepper, yellow bell pepper, broccoli, carrots, and snap peas in addition to the onions and poblano.  It was a delicious enough mix that I'll be making sure to use the same next time.  If you are using frozen vegetables, let them cook for a minute before throwing in the fresh vegetables, otherwise they will get over-done.





While your vegetables are cooking to the desired softness, prep your lettuce.  Peel off the leaves you want to use for wraps, wash them, then cut off the tapering, bitter end so you're left with something roughly oval-ish.  If you're using cabbage you can skip the trimming and just wash the leaf and use as is.





Line them up on a plate so they may await their destiny.





Once the vegetables are to your desired consistency, pile that shit into the lettuce leaves and dig in!  This was incredible.  Now I'm hungry again.  I'm going to have to start posting while I'm eating whatever I've made so it doesn't keep making me hungry every time I post.

<3 The Wookie Wifey

No comments:

Post a Comment