Tales of a Wookie Wife: Fueled by caffeine and good intentions. Feed hairy man. Clean house. Be fabulous. Repeat. You can learn more about me here.

Saturday, June 22, 2013

Crock Pot Tortellini

I'm being horrible at this.  I've been cooking lately, but forgetting to take pictures.  So badly, in fact, that this one has no final picture!  It was soooo good, though.  I promise I'll try to do better in the future!  :)  I saw this recipe on pinterest, wrote down the ingredients that were on the pin description, but apparently forgot to repin it, so I don't know where it came from.  I sort of changed it just a tad, anyway, but if this is your recipe, let me know and I'll give you a link!  :)


Start layering in the crock pot, spinach, kale, and sausage.  I chose this chicken sausage with mozzarella, artichoke and garlic because I started to drool a little when I saw it at the store.  You could fry it first if you want, but I didn't bother, it was already fully cooked and it was a lazy day.


Add in 2 cans of diced Italian-style tomatoes (not drained), 1/2 a carton of vegetable broth, and a bag of frozen tortellini of your choice, I chose cheese...


And one brick of cream cheese, softened, chopped into bricks.


Turn the crock pot on high for about 3 hours or until the tortellini is done.  This shit was amazing, although I did have to turn it on low and leave the lid off for a few minutes to let the sauce cook down a bit.  It comes out this delicious, pasta dish with a creamy sauce and lots of sausage and vegetables and...damn I wish I'd remembered to take a picture of it!  SORRY!  :)

<3 WW

2 comments: