Tales of a Wookie Wife: Fueled by caffeine and good intentions. Feed hairy man. Clean house. Be fabulous. Repeat. You can learn more about me here.

Saturday, June 16, 2012

Monthly Photo Post - The Truly Random Edition

Its time for another monthly photo post.  This is just a mish-mosh of pictures I've taken that I found stashed in various folders around my computer with descriptions below, so I hope you enjoy!  ^_^  As usual, all these pictures were taken by me so if you want to use any, feel free just please credit me and put a link back to my blog.


I love this picture.  If you look closely you can see the trees that were on top of a neighboring mountain silhouetted in the moon.


Our ground...The cracks are worse now.  Some are over an inch wide.  If they get much bigger we may find Narnia or have our own Journey to the Center of the Earth adventure.  On accident.  While trying to get to the mailbox.


Vines drying to be turned into dreamcatchers.










The creepy banana stickers.  I blogged about these a few months ago and  now my collection has grown and my fridge sports six of these stickers.  I'm in love with them and I have no idea why.  They are delightfully creepy.  I seek them out when I'm at the grocery store buying bananas and I have this crazy idea of the entire freezer door being patterned with them.


Dirt Dobber nest.


Pretty piece of blue glass I found in an old canning shed that had burnt down.


Close-up of a glass paperweight.


Buttons! 




Hailstorm.



I have no recollection at all of taking this picture, however it was obviously taken by me as those are my legs, jeans, and boots...but I'm glad I did because I love it and I have no idea why.

I took this at an old cemetery that was just scattered with these little "unknown" stones.  Rumor had it that in the Civil War so many people died in the woods around the area it was taken in that for years and years afterwards someone would just find a body or a skeleton that couldn't be identified and they'd put it in the cemetery with one of these stones.  I don't know if the rumors are true, but it does make for a nice, albeit sad, story and I rather like the picture.



Anyone else love taking pictures of completely random shit?

Don't forget Father's Day tomorrow!  Hug 'em if ya got 'em!  <3

WW


No comments:

Post a Comment