Tales of a Wookie Wife: Fueled by caffeine and good intentions. Feed hairy man. Clean house. Be fabulous. Repeat. You can learn more about me here.

Monday, May 6, 2013

Random Photo Post - Zoo Edition

I know I said all further "random" posts will be plunked in the Wookie/Romulan Craft Crossover, but since this wing of the blog will be on temporary hiatus, I decided to put these here just for shits-n-giggles for those of you who prefer to only follow the recipes so ya don't feel unloved, left out, or bored!

A few weeks back, we went to the zoo.  Again.  We're such massive dorks that we usually go several times a year and are considering just buying season passes next year because we enjoy it so much that if we get passes it would be a nice thing to have for those "oh shit, we're bored but broke" days.

Mostly we go on Mondays because it is usually completely dead, so you can take your time at each exhibit watching the animals, but on this particular time (and the first time I ever remembered to bring my camera and batteries, of course), there was some sort of field trip going on so there were absolute swarms of kiddos running around, therefore there aren't too many pictures and the ones I have aren't that great, but I promise to get many more and much better ones if I can next time we go!


This is a water feature thing that I always just love every time we visit.  It reminds me of that movie Congo.


Komodo dragon!  He wasn't very cooperative, so part of the words etched on the glass had to be in the shot.  He should really work on that whole "consideration" thing a bit more.


Like this little guy!  He knows what's going on.  As soon as I got my camera out, he hopped up on the little tower thing and started posing like it was his only chance to get on the cover of Vogue and he was NOT going to fuck it up.  These little guys make my full-on Elmira from Tiny Toons "ZOMG NEED TO CUDDLE IT NAO" nerve go ape shit.


Flamingos!  They weren't as pink as some I've seen, just a pastel pink instead of the vivid pink you see on some, but I've heard that is all related to their diet.  Zoo, feed the flamingos the things that make them turn pink please!  kthx


Giraffe...He wanted that tree with a zeal I usually reserve for cheesecake.  We stood there for about 5 minutes while he just kept straining and straining and sticking his tongue out to reach the leaves.


Another one that knows how to pose, and quite majestically.


I thought this little guy was cute.


I don't remember what these are, but I liked the color on the blue one.


Albino skunk!!!  I'd never seen one of these and don't remember him being there before, though he could have been in one of their little hiding places in the exhibit.  He's so cute, though, and had the prettiest pink eyes.


A blurry shot of bats.  The nocturnal room was particularly packed with kids and they were all squeaking and the echo in there is horrendous and after a few seconds it sounds like the shrieks are in your head, so I snapped a few quick shots and got out asap, but hopefully I will get better pics next time as the bats are my favorite.  I also love the reptile room, but due to the crowd, we skipped that all together.


Glad I had my camera this day as this is the closest this one's ever been to the fence.  He was sleeping so peacefully and I just wanted to curl up and cuddle him...bad idea, I know, but he just looks so lovable.


Mr. Bear.  He always looks forlorn.  This is the happiest I've ever seen him.


A cougar.  I've always thought these are so beautiful.  Growing up, we had some family friends who raised them and I got to feed the babies once and good GOD they are cute.  Funny story:  The zoo has, for several years now, been having a problem with buzzards.  They seem to have just moved in, presumably for all the free grub.  They cover every exhibit, except there wasn't a single one in this one.  Only a pile of feathers.  I can hear how that went now:

Mr. Buzzard: "Imma eat your food, kthx."
Mr. Cougar:  "Gettin' real tired of your shit, man."
Mr. Buzzard:  "Trolololol."
Mr. Cougar:  *nom*


Gator.  I'm pretty well obsessed with them.  I think they are gorgeous, I've always wanted to hold a baby one.  Also, they make beautiful bags and shoes, and taste scrumptious.

That's all for this round of zoo pictures, but as I said, I will be sure to get more next time we go!

So, how about you?  Are you a huge, over-grown dork that still loves the zoo?

I hope everyone has a great week!  :)

<3
WW


2 comments:

  1. I love the zoo! I love how a you have a giraffe having issues reaching something. This makes my 5 foot self feel very happy that even something that tall has short moments.

    and. omg. ALBINO SKUNK. I want to squeeze it. I have always wanted a skunk as a pet. I swear it would do better keeping people away than the scariest looking dog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, the skunk was just adorable, I think I was just as entranced with it as all the little kids were. I've heard they make great pets if you have their stink gland removed and bathe them frequently, but have never been around a pet one personally.

      Delete