Tales of a Wookie Wife: Fueled by caffeine and good intentions. Feed hairy man. Clean house. Be fabulous. Repeat. You can learn more about me here.

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Spring Beauty VoxBox!! (My first one!!)

This is my first VoxBox and I'm SO EXCITED to post about it!  For those of you who don't know, Influenster is this really spiffy website where you can go if you like to try new products to share with friends.  You go to their site, sign up, earn badges, then you wait to get selected to receive a box.  I signed up in April (I think) and just got my first one, so SQUEE!  <3  If you haven't heard of the site, check it out, you'll like it!

That being said, all of these items I received for free, but reviews will still be my honest opinion.

All of these pictures I took as I was opening the box for my first time myself, today around noon.


This was on the side of the box.


And when I opened it, this was inside.  Sadly, my first thought was, "Oh, the cat would have a field day in this stuff."


This is the opposite side of the card where there is the name of each item, along with a short description.


These are the first things I pulled out of the box, and they are not on the card.  They were a bonus item this month, and I am so happy about them!  I've really been wanting to try some of these, so I can't wait...I just have to decide which pair of heels I'm going to pop them into!


The second thing I pulled out of the box was the Soyjoy bar.


I'd never tried one before and I hadn't had breakfast or anything yet, so I figured this was as good a time as any.  I am surprised to say it is actually pretty good since most of the time when I try anything with "soy" on the label, I am sorely disappointed.  I will definitely be seeing how much these are at the store.  I like granola bars and things like this to snack on or eat for breakfast, so I'll be looking for these.


Next, I dug out the Chap Stick.


I opened it up and tried it just for kicks.  It was moist without being waxy, a plus.  I was a bit sad that it doesn't have much of a flavor, but that's just me.  The formula seemed good, though, and I will wear it a few more times just to see how it holds up.


This is the next thing I pulled out of the box.  I was confused.


Then, I pulled the bubble wrap off, and there was this gorgeous bottle.  This is Bath and Body Works "Paris Amour" fragrance mist...a.k.a. my new favorite body spray.  I used it a bit ago when I got out of the tub.  "Amour" is fitting.  I'm in love.


This is the Sheercover concealer I received.


Here's a quick swatch, the left color on top and the right on bottom.  The lighting is weird in the picture, but on my face, they blend well.  I can't wait to see how this stuff works with full makeup.


These I'm very excited to try.  I've seen them in the stores and wanted to give them a shot, so I was happy to see them in the box.  I'll be trying them soon...My nails are in a state right now, I was going to try them tonight, but I need to let them grow for a week or two before I try these! >.<


This is a 2-ounce Aveeno body wash.  I tried this in the bath just earlier and like it, but that is no surprise, as I don't think I've tried an Aveeno product I don't like.  In fact, sheer coincidence, but I followed up my shower with Aveeno Stress Relief lotion because its just what I happen to have on hand right now, lol.  I really do like their products and this is no exception.  There was enough in the bottle that I'll be getting a few more uses out of it, which is nice. 


A few more up-close shots of the pretty Bath and Body Works bottle...


...Because it is pretty, and its pink, and it has ribbons on it...

Totally my new favorite body spray.

I'll do a full review on the nail treatments when I use them, as well as one on the concealer and the insoles.

<3
WW

No comments:

Post a Comment