Tales of a Wookie Wife: Fueled by caffeine and good intentions. Feed hairy man. Clean house. Be fabulous. Repeat. You can learn more about me here.

Friday, February 22, 2013

Eyelash Case DIY

I've recently started wearing false lashes occasionally and I love them as I hate mascara and they let me get away with skipping that part.  Don't get me wrong - I love the look of mascara, I just don't like the way it feels or that it takes days to wash off as none of the makeup removers I've found are gentle enough for my skin.  (That being said, I do have a new favorite mascara ever that came in the big box o' awesome that I'll be reviewing soon.)

Where was I?

Oh,  yeah.  False lashes.  I love them, but didn't have a way to store them and the boxes they come in tend to pile up in the makeup box.  I'd looked online and found a Dolly Wink case I just fell in love with, and also Violet made one (couldn't find exact link) that I thought was adorable that she made to hold lots of lashes and look like a mini-cake.  Since the Dolly Wink one was like $14 plus shipping or some crazy shit on amazon, I decided to make my own and combine the ideas of the two I liked.

This is what happened:


I took the mini desserts I made from my salt dough adventures, a cute little black bow I had stuffed back in a box, and a tiny pill case and made it into the most glorious lash case ever...today.


I started out with a key chain pill case I had sitting in my craft stash.  I peeled the ugly puff-sticker-badge thing off the top, then painted over it with white, then pink nail polish to get the light pink I so adored from the Dolly Wink cases.


I used my homemade dotter and black nail polish for the dots.  I just glued the desserts on with nail glue, then covered the powdery-ness parts that showed after drying with clear nail polish.  I'd recommend using a better glue, but I didn't have one, so oh well.


Here it is next to a penny so you can see how teeny it is.  (The Wookie's idea - this is why I keep him around, he comes in handy.)


Lastly, here's a shot of the inside.  I don't have many lashes yet, but it holds them nicely and looks a lot better in my makeup box (ok, ok, I'll be honest, it usually ends up just sitting on a tray in the bathroom), than all the little plastic and cardboard things the lashes come in.  You have to push the little ring in to get it to open, so I love that this thing can bounce around a makeup bag or box and not come open.

Moral of the story?  Don't pay a crazy amount for something you can make at  home for free...It may even turn out cuter than the product you'd wanted to start with!

<3

Wookie Wifey

No comments:

Post a Comment