Tales of a Wookie Wife: Fueled by caffeine and good intentions. Feed hairy man. Clean house. Be fabulous. Repeat. You can learn more about me here.

Friday, February 17, 2012

Asian Noodles with Chicken

Ok, so I'm way behind.  I've been busy lately and have a gazillion and one pictures on my computer just waiting their turn in line to be blogged/posted.  So I guess I better get fucking started then, eh?

I love this dish...I'm sure it is the farthest thing in the world from being even remotely authentic, but I love it all the same.






It is quick, simple to cook and you can pack it with a gazillion vegetables.  I usually would like to use more than I did here, but we were out of most of what I usually would put into these little guys.





First you'll need some chicken, or meat of your choice.  I'm just using some chicken that was boiled with some spices and broth, then taken off the bone and cooled off.  This was the meat from 1 thigh/leg piece.





Next, cook up some noodles (I used 8 oz) then drain them and rinse them in cold water until they are all cooled all the way through and set them aside.





Next up is prep work!  Chop up everything you want to go in there.  I had to use frozen broccoli because I'm a loser and forgot to buy fresh.  I used lots of cabbage, green onions, fresh chopped garlic, (no measurements for the vegetables, I just threw whatever I could find in there) about a teaspoon of sugar, 1/4 cup of vegetable oil (peanut or just straight sesame works, whatever you have on hand, but I hate the taste of straight sesame oil), about 2 tablespoons of sesame oil, 1/3 cup of soy sauce, and a little salt and pepper.





Add the oils to the pan and let it heat up...I do this on high heat.  I do not own a wok.  /cry

Once the oils are hot, add the garlic and the green onions and let it cook about 20 seconds or so.




Then, add the soy sauce, sugar, meat and whatever vegetables will take the longest to cook...I threw in the broccoli.  I let it cook until the broccoli was basically just thawed since I like mine to have a lot of crunch.




Once the tough vegetables are cooked to the consistency you prefer, toss in the noodles, cabbage, and extra green onion if you want.  Toss it all together until it all gets hot, then if you want a stronger flavor, you can add more soy sauce.




Put it in the dish of your choice, garnish with extra green onion if you want, and there you go!  :)  This recipe serves 4, of if you're like us and there's only two of you,  one dinner then a few lunches.  This stuff re-heats great, you can just heat it in a skillet with a little extra oil in just a matter of minutes and it tastes just like the first night it was made.

<3
The Wookie Wifey

No comments:

Post a Comment