Tales of a Wookie Wife: Fueled by caffeine and good intentions. Feed hairy man. Clean house. Be fabulous. Repeat. You can learn more about me here.

Friday, February 3, 2012

Taco Bowls!!

I've made these three times now and they never, ever disappoint.






Start off by browning 1/2 a pound of ground beef and drain all the grease except about a tablespoon.  I did all this on medium heat.  You may have to go higher/lower depending on how hot your stove gets and whether or not you're using cast iron.





Next, add a packet of your favorite taco seasoning mix (or make your own, either works...I'm having so much allergy trouble lately I'm having to use mixes because I tend to WAY over-season when my allergies freak out).  Follow that with a can of corn, undrained.  Don't add water the way the mix tells you to, the juice from the can of corn will be plenty.  At this point, I'd usually add a drained can of diced tomatoes and a poblano pepper, as well, but I was out.  The recipe is just as good either way.  Let it cook down until most of the liquid is gone.





Then, dump in a can of black beans, drained and rinsed.





Stir it all up, then sprinkle about a cup of shredded cheese of your choice on top.  I'm using a Mexican blend.





While the cheese is melting some, crumble up a corn tortilla in the bottom of each bowl.  This is a GREAT way to get rid of stale tortillas because once you stir it all up, you won't know the difference.  Once your bowls are ready to go, the cheese should be partially melted.  Don't just let it sit on top, stir it into everything else in the skillet until it is one big, uniform mass of goodness.





Scoop some into your bowl on top of the crumbled tortilla pieces and add some sliced avocado on the top.  Or whatever toppings you desire.





The Wookie prefers his avocado on the side.  I don't hold it against him.

Its ever-fucking delicious, this dish.

Would love feedback if you give it a shot.

<3

The Wookie Wifey

2 comments:

  1. yuuuuuuuuuuuum I love a tasty way to use up those chips! Thanks for pointing this one out ^___^ Def gonna give this one a try soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome, you should blog your results! This is so easy to interchange with whatever you have in your kitchen. It comes out different almost every time I make it.

      Delete