Tales of a Wookie Wife: Fueled by caffeine and good intentions. Feed hairy man. Clean house. Be fabulous. Repeat. You can learn more about me here.

Friday, December 7, 2012

Wet N Wild Fantasy Makers Review - Glitter Tattoos!

As much as I was disappointed with the other Wet-n-Wild kit I got, I was equally, if not more so, thrilled with the glitter tattoo kit I got on clearance.  It was way more awesome than I expected it to be and lasted a lot longer, too.  Why the hell do I need glitter tattoos when I have lots of real ones?  Because glitter is a good excuse for doing anything at all, that's why!


This is what came in the kit - stencils (there were 4, I think), glitter glue, glitter in black, red, and purple, and a brush.


First, peel the back off the stencil and stick it on where you want the tattoo to be.


Then, working quickly, apply the glue, then dab glitter over it.  I didn't even use the brush, just used my finger.


Peel off the sticker and there you have it!  One leg didn't come out so great as I didn't work fast enough and the glue dries pretty quickly, but it still came out cute.  It looks lighter with the flash, but live it was super dark black and deliciously shiny.


On this second picture I'd had this puppy on about 16 hours.  I put it on the inside of my wrist because I wanted to see how well these would hold up in an area that tends to brush clothing and such a lot....AND I took a nap before I took this picture, so you guys would know these really do stand up to abuse well.  I had to scrub it off in the tub.

These kits definitely get an A+ in my book!  They last so much longer than I thought they would and I am confident I could wear these out with a spiffy look and not have to worry about them wearing off during the day.

<3
WW

4 comments:

  1. These are very cute. Its impressive that they last so long.

    http://sortlifeoutbuymilk.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought so as well, I truly expected them to rub off within an hour or two.

      Delete
  2. o0o0o0o if they have these again next year i will have to snag em! GLITTER

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do that...I found them half-price the day after Halloween so I think this kit was like $2.50.

      Delete