Tales of a Wookie Wife: Fueled by caffeine and good intentions. Feed hairy man. Clean house. Be fabulous. Repeat. You can learn more about me here.

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Kleancolor Eyeshadow - Swatches and Review

This is yet another eye shadow palette I'd bought before I knew I'd be receiving that major box of awesome goodies my friend sent.  I'm glad I did, though.  It is a wonderful palette for the price and I'd not have bought it had I already gotten all the amazing products and would have missed out.


This is just labeled Kleancolor Starry Eye.  There were 3 or 4 different ones and they were $2 each.  I got this one because I love pink eye shadow, but have a lot of trouble finding it, especially in pigmented colors.


Bright and preeeety.  I was pleasantly surprised by this palette.  I know Kleancolor is a cheapie brand, and I do love their nail polishes, but often those cheapie brands seem to do one thing well and all else sucks.  I didn't hold out much hope.


However, the colors are nice and bright and pigmented.  This was taken in sunlight, so the colors look much darker and more pigmented on, there is less fallout than ELF shadows (though I do like ELF), and they have a great shimmer than ELF can't even seem to touch.  Obviously, there is really no comparison with the high-end brands that were in the awesome box, so I'll just compare them to ELF and drugstore brands that I usually buy and can afford on our budget...And I have to say, this is my new favorite, go-to cheapie.

All in all, if you're looking for fun, cheap, pigmented shadows that come in hard-to-find colors, I'd say this is your best bet.

<3
Wookie Wifey

4 comments:

  1. Cute colours. You never can tell sometimes drugstore brands can be fantastic! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This one was a shocker as this I've never even seen at a drug store, just dollar stores and hole-in-the-wall beauty supply shops.

      Delete
  2. love the drugstore brands for colors to play around with. sometimes they are bleh sometimes they totally blow me away! Impressed by how bright the pinks are. Should be fun to play with!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pictures do not do them justice, the top middle pink goes on HOT PINK. Hard to find bright pink shadows.

      Delete