Tales of a Wookie Wife: Fueled by caffeine and good intentions. Feed hairy man. Clean house. Be fabulous. Repeat. You can learn more about me here.

Sunday, January 20, 2013

Phytocitrus Hair Kit Review

As with the Benefit Kit, this was also a gift, but opinions are my own.

This is the Phytocitrus hair care kit for color-treated hair.


It came with (L to R) Phytomist Instant Hydrating Conditioner (a leave-in spray), Phytocitrus Shampoo, and Phytocitrus Restructuring Mask.


I like the idea of the little metal bottles and tubes because I'm all for less plastic.  The shampoo cleanses wonderfully and smells like lemongrass, which is refreshing since I haven't seen many citrus-y hair products, but you have to be careful pouring it out as it is quite thin.  I have short hair, so this lasted me about 5-6 washes.


The mask works nicely as well.  I'd slather it on my hair then let it sit while I shaved my legs and scrubbed my feet with pumice before rinsing it out.  It is thick and has a nice smell, almost like baby powder, and left my hair feeling nice and soft.  While it is a good product, I couldn't find a price for it online, and to be perfectly honest, I get better results from Queen Helene's Hair Cholesterol which at a few bucks a tub I'd be willing to bet is MUCH cheaper than this.


This...I don't know what to say about this.  It did leave my hair softer and moisturized quite nicely, but it smells awful.  It reminds me of the aerosol deodorant my dad used to use when I was a kid.  While I like the performance, I've quit using it because I just can't handle the smell.  I used it faithfully while reviewing, though, so I could see how well it worked.  If you can get past the smell it is a great product.  However, I'll be holding onto it as it is also supposed to detangle and I'm growing my hair back out and it tangles badly when long, so I'll try and remember to update the review for the detangling aspect.

All in all, while good products, this isn't something I'd be rushing out to buy.  While I liked their performance I didn't notice a big difference in my hair between using this and, say, Tres Semme or Pantene, so if the prices were much higher than those, I wouldn't bother.  I couldn't find prices on their website, or I'd say so, so I'm assuming they are much higher than drug store brands.  These were fun to try, and I wasn't disappointed in them at all, just not superbly impressed.

<3
Wookie Wifey

No comments:

Post a Comment