Tales of a Wookie Wife: Fueled by caffeine and good intentions. Feed hairy man. Clean house. Be fabulous. Repeat. You can learn more about me here.

Monday, January 14, 2013

Review - Piggy Paint Green

I had no intention of this becoming more of a beauty and craft site.  Originally, I'd intended it mainly for cooking and recipes, but I always forget to take pictures when I cook either all together or half-way through and end up with a camera full of shots of raw things with no end results which isn't very helpful.  Thus is life, never ends up as we intend, right?  :)

This Piggy Paint came in the cute kit from my post-Yule haul.  The colors weren't labelled anywhere I could see on the bottles or the box, but I believe from looking through the site this is Puttin' on the Glitz.  I've wanted to try Piggy Paint ever since I first heard of them, so I was very excited to get my hands on this kit for just over 2 bucks, but am very, very glad that's all it cost.  If I'd paid full price for one of their products from their site, I'd be stark-raving pissed.  In the spirit of completely honest reviews, here goes:


These are minis and they are quite cute.  I love the little cartoon pig on the front.  However, cute packaging doesn't make up for what, so far, seems to be quite shoddy quality.


This is three coats with a top coat.  As you can see, it isn't opaque.  As stated on their website, it isn't stinky...It does have a tiny smell to it, like Elmer's glue.

It applied easily enough, but the consistency was a bit rough, sort of gritty and I'd usually blame the glitter, except most glitter polishes don't have that issue except for the uber cheap ones and at 9 bucks a bottle I expect more.

To be perfectly clear, I'd NEVER, EVER spend 9 bucks on a bottle of nail polish.  Ever.  Never ever ever.  Ever ever.  I haven't even spent it on the silver Layla holo I want so very, very badly or on the super cute crystal-cap Nails Inc. ones I constantly drool over online.  I'd certainly never spend it on something with this quality.

Piggy Paint, - your prices are atrocious especially when the quality is factored in.  I'm glad these products are non-toxic and that would be great for absolutely everyone, not just kids, but also people conscious about the chemicals in their products, but a lot of people simply can't afford 9 bucks a bottle and certainly not for something where the quality is worse than most dollar store brands.  I had high hopes for these and am sorry to say I am sorely disappointed.  Happier review, next, though, as I do have a few great products I'll be posting about soon.  :)

<3
WW

*I don't judge on how long-lasting nail polish is as I am very rough on my hands, do a lot of crafting and cleaning, and everything usually chips by the end of the first 24 hours top/base coat or no - Yes, even China Glaze.

**I tried the pink before I posted this and its quality was just as bad.  3 coats - crappy opacity.  Very thin consistency, and without the glitter to thicken it up it made it hard to get enough on the brush to cover a whole nail evenly.

4 comments:

  1. Huh, that's a shame. Its always nice to hear about products being made as non-toxic as possible, but that quality is awful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I hate to sound so negative, but it really is bad and I feel for that price people should be warned. The pink I did last night looked so bad I took it straight off.

      Delete
  2. sadness that the polish is that bad! the bottle is so cute!

    ReplyDelete