Tales of a Wookie Wife: Fueled by caffeine and good intentions. Feed hairy man. Clean house. Be fabulous. Repeat. You can learn more about me here.

Friday, January 18, 2013

Benefit Skin Care Kit Review

This skin care kit came in the Box O' Awesome, so it was a gift from a friend, but I decided since there were so many things in there I hadn't tried, reviews would be in order.  Still my honest opinions and all, just letting everyone know up front that while this isn't sponsored, I didn't pay for the products, either.


They came in this pretty, retro-looking little box.  I was going to re-use it for a craft project, but it was an epic fail, so so much for the cute box, hehe.


It came with Foamingly Clean Facial Wash, Triple Performing Facial Emulsion (oil free, SPF 15 PA++), and It's Potent! Eye Cream.


The cleanser was opalescent and had a fluffy, almost mousse-line consistency, and a wonderful smell without being too heavy.  It glides onto the skin and cleanses wonderfully and I LOVED that there are no scrubbies in it as exfoliants and my skin do not like each other.  If I want to break out and have awful skin, all I have to do is exfoliate.  My only con on the cleanser is that there wasn't much in the tube, so I had moisturizer and eye cream left over.



Here's what's left of the moisturizer and its adorable little glass bottle.  I'll use the rest right along with my regular cleanser as soon as I get done reviewing the other kit I'm testing now, because this stuff is great.  It is thin and absorbs into your skin quickly, so about a minute after applying, you feel nothing on your face...it just feels fresh, clean, and dewy.  In fact, I never really understood the "dewy skin" thing until I tried this kit.
It smells divine, which is something I look for when I'm going to be putting stuff on my face and risking getting some up my nose because I'm good like that.


On to the eye cream!  Even with my allergies, I noticed a reduced darkness and puffiness under my eyes when using this.  Also, this only takes a teeeeny dab, so there's still half of it left.  I'll be using this for quite a while and I'm happy for that as I love it.  It doesn't have much of a smell, but you don't sniff your eyeball area much, do you.  :)  If you try, please send a video.  This I gotta see.


And a close-up shot of this adorable little jar.  I will be re-purposing the bottle and the jar because they are so cute and dainty I always smile when I look at them.  Its the little things.

Overall, I noticed a big change in my skin with this stuff.  I asked the Wookie if he'd noticed since I like to get another opinion from the one that sees me daily, and before I could even finish the question, he said, loudly, 'YES!!' and nodded enthusiastically.  This is a big thing for me having, not only sensitive skin, but a genetic skin condition on top of that.  To find something that works this well is pretty awesome as I've found only ONE drugstore face cleanser I can use without my skin tripping the hell out.

This little kit goes for about $12 online and if there were anywhere in my town that sold it, I'd be all over that shit.  It will probably go on my amazon wishlist anyway so I can save Swagbucks for it, haha.  I'd go buy the little kits as the full-size prices are way higher than I could afford, but if I could afford it - I'd buy those, too, in a New York minute - so they aren't over priced, just out of my range.  This stuff is great.  The little kit lasted me about 2 weeks.  The products go a LONG way, you only need a tiny pea-sized amount to cleanse your entire face and neck.

HIGHLY recommend.

<3
Wookie Wifey

2 comments:

  1. Those bottles are just too cute! And, if you do get any videos of someone trying to sniff their eyeballs, you MUST post!

    ReplyDelete